The mission of Gernika Gogoratuz lies in enriching the symbol of Gernika within the framework of social action and reflection in favor of Peace, consolidating the Symbology of Peace which Gernika represents on a local and global level.The historic, symbolic and cultural relevance of the City of Gernika, which was declared City of Peace by the UNESCO region of Europe (2002-2003) in 2004, makes it a preferred place for historical and social studies of culture through its symbolic representations and contributions to the Culture of Peace.
- Organize meeting and reflection spaces.
- International Convention on Culture and Peace of Guernica, as part of the commemoration of the bombing of Gernika, since 1991.
- GernikaInternational Art and Peace Meetings., 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009 and 2012.
- Summer Courses and Meetings with the University of the Basque Country UPV /EHU, in 2006, 2007 and 2012.
- Organization of the Days of Antimilitarism.
- Strengthen research and innovative action for peace through academic collaborations with individuals, universities , social organizations and institutions.
- Participate in research programs and international cooperation through strengthening networks. Europe and Latin America.