Alfonso Dubois Migoya is a International Economics and Development Economics retired professor at the Basque Country University (UPV / EHU).
The Institute of Studies on Development and International Cooperation Hegoa President (1996-2010).
Cooperating Basque Person 2007, Basque Government Award.
His research papers and publications focus on topics about human development, poverty, development cooperation, theories of development and inequality.
This material is an extract from the book Territorios en conflicto. Claves para la construcción de alternativas de vida (“Lands in conflict. Keys to constructing life alternatives”), from the Gernika Network collection.
THE BASES OF THE ALTERNATIVE PROPOSAL
- Well-being and capabilities focus
- The capabilities approach
- The capabilities development process
- Principles of capabilities development
- The collective capabilities
- The collective capabilities definition
THE ANALYSIS FRAMEWORK
- The territory as the basis of the analysis framework
- The framework’s center points
- The context: conditioning factors and socio-political framework
- The value of culture and context
- The change processes
- Collective agency as the change engine (collective leadership)
- The change from the ground up: Ibrahim’s 3C model
- Individual empowerment
BIBLIOGRAPHY AND RESOURCES